Smilo Update — The Fierce
After the previous major milestone,a few new updates, features and bug fixes have been implemented to the Smilodon Populator,‘The Fierce’ (GETH 1.9.2) version. Most importantly this also starts laying the groundwork for the Istanbul hard fork.
- Rework client tracking for light servers to better prioritize requests, making it fairer for everyone (#19745).
- Avoid retrieving full blocks for GraphQL queries on light clients if the query relies on headers (#19886).
- Support closing a simulated backends, avoiding a goroutine leak during log running tests (#19902).
- Support eth_call overriding chain state before execution, see API docs for details (#19917).
- Replace all user facing passphrase labels with password to avoid confusion (#19932).
- Fix an RPC annoyance where inclusion info for pending transactions was 0, not null (#19901).
- Fix an RPC regression from v1.9.1 where the block size was not hex encoded (#19885).
- Fix the builder to extract commit hashes from detached git branches too (#18315).
- Fix storage trie value encoding when running geth dump (#19943).
- Fix console output coloring for Clef on Windows (#19889).
Istanbul changes (progress tracker):
- Refactor the internal chain configuration to allow enabling EIPs individually in tests (#19735).
- Implement EIP-1884: Repricing for trie-size-dependent opcodes (#19743).
- Implement EIP-1108: Reduce alt_bn128 precompile gas costs (#19904).
- Implement EIP-1344: ChainID opcode (#19921).
For more information check https://github.com/Smilo-platform/go-smilo/releases/tag/v1.9.2
Be part of the Smilo hybrid blockchain movement!